HOW TO BUY A FIREARM ONLINE
Buying a firearm online is almost as easy as buying anything else online. The one very important difference is that firearms CANNOT be shipped directly to the buyer. Firearms must be shipped to a federally licensed firearms dealer (FFL). During the checkout process, instead of entering your personal shipping address, you will enter your local FFL’s address (FFL Finder) where you would like to pickup the firearm. When you go to pick up your firearm, you will be required to complete the Firearms Transaction Record (Form 4473) and pass the FBI background check. Most dealers charge a nominal fee to transfer a firearm. The process of transferring a firearm from the dealer to the buyer usually takes about 10-15 minutes. Some states have waiting periods that begin when the transfer process is complete. Other states do not have waiting periods and allow the buyer to take possession of the firearm as soon as the transfer process is complete.
PLACING YOUR ORDER
- Find the firearm(s) you want and add it (them) to your cart.
- On the Shopping Cart page, click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Login to your account, or choose Guest Checkout.
- Enter your billing address information, then click Continue.
- Enter the FFL’s address where you would like to receive your firearm & process your transfer, then click continue.
- Select your shipping method, then click Continue.
- Enter your payment information, then click Continue.
- Review your order, then click Place Order.
AFTER YOUR FIREARM HAS BEEN DELIVERED
When your firearm has been delivered to your local FFL, they should give you a call and let you know that it is ready to be picked up. If you aren’t contacted promptly, please call them to inquire about the status of your firearm.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- It is YOUR responsibility to know the laws in your area regarding the purchase, transfer and ownership of firearms.
- Be sure to INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY BEFORE STARTING THE TRANSFER. Once the transfer process is complete, the gun is yours and may not be returned to Point Blank USA for any reason. If you encounter problems with your firearm after the transfer is complete, you must contact the manufacturer for warranty and repair issues.
- If you fail the background check, you will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs plus a 20% restocking fee.